Translink is seeking a Senior Organizational Development Advisor
You can read more about this job opportunity below, or via Indeed, from where you can apply for this job.
Location: Lower Mainland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Position type: Regular/Temporary Regular
A career at TransLink and our family of companies means working with people with a wide range of skills and perspectives, all teaming up towards a common goal: preserving and enhancing the region’s world-envied quality of life. Together, we connect the region and enhance its livability by providing a sustainable transit and transportation network, embraced by our communities and people.
At TransLink we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace, recognizing the unique value and skills every individual brings.
Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can make a difference in a vibrant city? At TransLink, one of BC’s Top Employers, you’ll help make Metro Vancouver a better place to live.
Provides day-to-day oversight of organizational development (OD) programs and services for the TransLink enterprise, including such areas as leadership development, succession planning, executive coaching, mentorship, employee and team development, workforce planning metrics and psychometric assessments. Collaborates with the Manager and business representatives in development of OD program strategies that support the Manager’s broader strategies for the department and address enterprise business requirements. Implements approved strategies, and also develops, recommends and implements policies, practices and processes. Delivers senior level advice and analytical support to enterprise business leaders. Leads a team of internal OD practitioners and external consultants in the delivery of programs and services, also engaging in the more complex activities.
- Collaborates with the Manager and business representatives in development of OD program strategies that support the Manager’s broader strategies for the department and address enterprise business requirements.
- Implements approved strategies, and also develops, recommends and implements policies, practices and processes for OD programs and services.
- Provides day-to-day oversight of OD programs and services, leading a team in the delivery of leadership development, succession planning, executive coaching, mentorship, employee and team development, workforce planning metrics, and psychometric assessments. Engages in the more complex OD activities.
- Plans and oversees the work of external OD consultants, ensuring assignments support program strategies and are aligned to the broader goals of the department and the enterprise. Monitors consultant outputs for quality and compliance, ensuring results meet specified standards and requirements.
- Partners with other HR practitioners to support work with executives and business leaders, identifying OD requirements and providing senior level OD expertise, advice and analytical services.
- Collaborates with Manager to identify leadership needs and opportunities, and ensures findings are embedded in the organizational leadership framework. Leads development, implementation, and sustainment of leadership programs, including provision of in-house executive coaching.
- Develops the succession planning and talent review program, assessing talent bench strength, and identifying areas of risk at all levels. Develops initiatives to support talent development and mitigate talent risks, ensuring alignment with the Organizational Leadership Framework.
- Leads and supports OD Advisors on employee engagement surveys and other initiatives at an enterprise level. Leads post-survey initiatives at operating company and divisional levels, facilitating focus groups and assisting leaders to establish related short/long term objectives.
- Supports the Manager on OD initiatives, such as those related to culture change, performance and development planning, team building, and workforce planning. Develops methods and tools, analyzes data, identifies trends and risks, and assists in design of related short/long term objectives.
- Proactively researches and maintains awareness of best practice, trends, and methods; develops and maintains a clear understanding of TransLink’s strategic and operational priorities, including the climate and culture; provides related recommendations to optimize OD programs and services.
- Supervises reporting staff, including selection, development, coaching, managing performance, assigning/reviewing work and all other people management practices. Emphasis is on ensuring staff are fully trained, and resourcing levels are effectively leveraged across areas of accountability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The requirements for this job are typically acquired through a degree in organizational and industrial psychology or related discipline, with strong specialization in organizational development, and six years of organizational development experience at progressive levels of responsibility, including a team leadership role.
Preferred qualifications include: Master’s degree; Certified Coach/Facilitator/Career Development Professional; Assessment Certification (MBTI, Insights, and/or Career Interest Profiler).
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices, and techniques pertaining to organizational development, including demonstrated ability in leadership development, executive coaching, succession planning, and employee engagement, and related statistical analysis
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to advise, and act as a facilitator/trainer and coach with executives and leaders at all levels on program development and delivery
- Solid planning and organizational skills with ability to lead designated OD program development and implementation
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills to deal with obstacles during program development and implementation
- Solid research and analytical skills to highlight trends in best practice and people forecasting
- Solid team building and supervisory skills with ability to provide day-to-day guidance, coaching, and technical advice to OD staff
Candidates may be asked to provide a work example of a program plan or initiative that demonstrates the competencies required for this role.
More about this position
37.5 hours per week
RATE OF PAY
Salary starting at $88,505 per annum
How to Apply
Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one PDF document prior to uploading your application on-line via Indeed: Translink Jobs (with Salaries) | Indeed.com Canada.
If you are a current employee of TransLink, Coast Mountain Bus Company, BC Rapid Transit Company, or Transit Police, please apply internally.
An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions. Questions regarding this competition can be directed to jobs@TransLink.ca.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out!
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email us at jobs@TransLink.ca.