Talent Management Partner – Worksafe BC
Talent Management Partner
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: 6951 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC
Are you passionate about talent development and shaping the future leaders of an organization? If so, we have a rare opportunity to ink your vision of Talent Management for an organization. This new role will co-create the talent management practices and policies with close collaboration with our Talent Acquisition and EDI teams, all under one umbrella of Talent and Organizational Effectiveness.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Management & Organizational Development, the Talent Management Partner role will tap into your expertise in seeing the needs of the various divisions, create policies and processes in collaboration with other teams in People and Culture and operationalize them through forming deep relationships and measuring outcomes. You will be able to set the foundation of this for all roles across the enterprise as we configure our talent systems.
You understand leadership development, at all levels of the organization, can plan and deliver that in partnership with visible, measurable outcomes to implement our 3-year strategy. Talent Pools, succession planning and talent development approaches across Organizational Development are your sweet spot, including Change and OD practices that are in your wheelhouse. You may or may not be a certified coach, but you have a coach- approach and understand it. You want to engage, educate and embrace the change that you will be leading in this newly formed Talent Management team.
Come talk to us, we would be happy to share our enthusiasm and vision with you.
How you’ll make a difference : You’ll build and empower teams that serve workers and employers across B.C.
Where you’ll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you’ll work primarily from home and occasionally in our Richmond, B.C. office
As a Talent Management Partner , you will:
- Act as a subject matter expert on matters related to leadership talent development strategies and programs.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures, guidelines, programs and systems in area of responsibility and showcase your knowledge on continuous improvement.
- Work in close partnership with the Learning & Development team to strategize, develop and implement various programs and training for your assigned client groups.
- Oversee a variety of leadership development activities and coaching initiatives including collaboration with the Talent Testing Specialist for leadership assessment customization.
- Manage the talent development and mobility initiatives in collaboration with the Talent Management team including buildout of talent development programs.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment while maximizing your planning and implementation skills
- Promote and engage a service-oriented approach to both internal and external stakeholders
- Exhibit creativity in project management and program design
- Build and manage new talent development programs
- Create a supportive working environment with your leadership and clear communication skills
Your experience and educational background :
- Master’s Degree in leadership development, adult education, organizational behavior or other equivalent behavioral science.
- Coaching certification and/or micro-credentials in areas of expertise.
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent, direct experience in senior leadership or senior talent development in an intermediate to large size organization, which includes experience planning, executing, and delivering Talent and OD initiatives for a senior leadership audience.
- Leadership Circle Profile certification is considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you’re legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC’s COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the “Policy”) is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We’re honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experience that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more : Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work – and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Benefits package that includes customizable options for health care and dental benefits, additional days off, and a health care spending account
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Learn more : Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/649b3f10b34a173c626059a5/60afb430e9e1a80518c41fe4/en