Senior Change Management Advisor
Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Senior Change Management Advisor – Vancouver
Job Number: BCH-R-3780-220630E1
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many
different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that
makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing
demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in
our hydroelectric generation facilities.
We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance.
We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best
It’s our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all
The goal of the Enterprise Change Management (ECM) Team is to achieve business outcomes and minimize
potential performance impacts through managing and facilitating change. This is achieved through:
* Applying a structured approach and methodology * Creating conditions and opportunities for change * Minimizing performance decline during transition
Members of the ECM Team work on projects that range from department-specific initiatives to enterprise-wide
changes impacting significant numbers of employees in diverse roles.
As a Senior Change Management Advisor, you will lead the development and execution of the following
deliverables for specific projects:
1. Change Management Approach and Tactics
2. Change Leadership (alignment and coaching)
3. Stakeholder Impact Assessment
4. Stakeholder Engagement and Facilitation
5. Communications (project related written and oral communications)
6. Training Programs (Design and Delivery)
7. Project Management
More specifically, as a Senior Change Management Advisor, you will:
- Lead change management programs and projects, develop required deliverables, provide
progress reports and present implementation plans with supporting metrics to Business Leads,
Steering Committees and Executive Sponsors.
- Conduct current and future state needs assessment and analysis covering a full range of
disciplines across the organization including IT, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations,
Customer and corporate roles.
- Working with a formal project team, align and integrate the change management plan and
deliverables into an overall project plan.
- Provide advice and specialist knowledge in change management best practices, models,
standards, policies, practices and procedures.
- Coach leaders across the organization and build consistent change leadership capability and
capacity at all levels.
- Be known as a technical leader/expert for change management and change leadership
development cross functions/business units and externally.
- Provide regular mentoring and development of other change management professionals and
- A bachelors degree (or equivalent formal education) in Business, Human Resources,
Communications, Science, Math, Business Analysis, Technology or other related discipline.
- Professional certification in Change Management (i.e. PROSCI) or willing to obtain once in the
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience with a minimum of five (5) years of
experience in leading the design and delivery of programs, preferably with multiple internal and
external stakeholders coupled with project management, human resources and/or other relevant
- Experience working in large and complex environments with a track record of successfully
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong assessment, analysis and synthesis skills, demonstrated organizational and planning
skills with attention to detail.
- Significant experience working with a formal project team under a structured project
methodology. This is primarily related to complex technology implementations.
- Proven track record of building collaborative relationships across the organization, liaising with
multiple stakeholders and developing.
- Highly developed and proven skills in written communications, planning and facilitation.
- Strong skills with the following IT applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- This is a Full-Time Regular (FTR) P3 opportunity on the team headquartered at Dunsmuir
- This role falls within our Hybrid work model which indicates you may be able to work from home
up to 3 days per week however the other work days you are meant to be in the Office.
- This role may require occasional travel.
- As part of the selection process, applicants may be required to take a written test/assessment or
do a presentation.
- These roles typically support complex technology projects across the organization – experience
with SAP projects would be considered an asset.
- Please note internally in the system the role is referred to as Business Strategy Advisor.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html
by July 22, 2022.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your
pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.
Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your
certifications, if applicable.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape
the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare
to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women,
Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and
others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at
BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at