Senior Change Management Advisor BC Hydro
Job Title: Senior Change Management Advisor
Company: BC Hydro
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Closing Date: February 17, 2023
Internal #: BCH-R-5135-230127E1
Powered by water… and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We
need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean
energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep
our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We’re proud to be ranked as one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
The goal of the Enterprise Change Management (ECM) Team is to achieve business outcomes and minimize potential performance impacts through managing and facilitating change. This is achieved through:
- Applying a structured approach and methodology
- Creating conditions and opportunities for change
- Minimizing performance decline during transition
Members of the ECM Team work on projects that range from department-specific initiatives to enterprise-wide changes impacting significant numbers of employees in diverse roles.
As a Senior Change Management Advisor, you will lead the development and execution of the following deliverables for specific projects:
- Change Management Approach and Tactics
- Change Leadership (alignment and coaching)
- Stakeholder Impact Assessment
- Stakeholder Engagement and Facilitation
- Communications (project related written and oral communications)
- Training Programs (Design and Delivery)
- Project Management
More specifically, as a Senior Change Management Advisor, you will:
- Lead change management programs and projects, develop required deliverables, provide progress reports and present implementation plans with supporting metrics to Business Leads, Steering Committees and Executive Sponsors.
- Conduct current and future state needs assessment and analysis covering a full range of disciplines across the organization including IT, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations, Customer and corporate roles.
- Working with a formal project team, align and integrate the change management plan and deliverables into an overall project plan. Provide advice and specialist knowledge in change management best practices, models, standards, policies, practices and procedures.
- Coach leaders across the organization and build consistent change leadership capability and capacity at all levels.
- Be known as a technical leader/expert for change management and change leadership development cross functions/business units and externally.
- Provide regular mentoring and development of other change management professionals and employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent formal education) in Business, Human Resources, Communications, Science, Math, Business Analysis, Technology or other related discipline.
- Professional certification in Change Management (i.e. PROSCI) or willing to obtain once in the role.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in leading the design and delivery of programs, preferably with multiple internal and external stakeholders coupled with project management, human resources and/or other relevant business experience.
- Experience working in large and complex environments with a track record of successfully delivering projects.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong assessment, analysis and synthesis skills, demonstrated organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Significant experience working with a formal project team under a structured project methodology. This is primarily related to complex technology implementations.
- Proven track record of building collaborative relationships across the organization, liaising with multiple stakeholders and developing.
- Highly developed and proven skills in written communications, planning and facilitation.
- Strong skills with the following IT applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- This is a posting for three (3) Full-Time Regular (FTR) P3 opportunities on the team headquartered at Dunsmuir (Vancouver).
- Please note that applicants with lesser qualifications may be considered for a P2 level (Change Management Advisor) on the team depending on the knowledge, skills and experience of the applicant.
- This role may require occasional travel.
- As part of the selection process, applicants may be required to take a written test/assessment or do a presentation.
- These roles typically support complex technology projects across the organization – experience with SAP projects would be considered an asset.
- Please note internally in the system the P3 role is referred to as Business Strategy Advisor.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by February 17, 2023.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended but may resume at BC Hydro’s discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week