People and Culture – Talent Program Advisor – Worksafe BC
People & Culture – Talent Program Advisor
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: 6951 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC
Are you an experienced and results-focused Talent Program Advisor looking for a new opportunity to make a difference? Do you have experience to help build departmental and enterprise-wide Leadership, Change and Organizational Development programs that support employee effectiveness and promote organizational culture and systems? If so, we are looking for your subject matter expertise to help us grow our team!
In this role, you will be a subject matter expert on matters related to talent pool development and maintenance. In addition, you will be involved in change and project management and administer new and existing People and Culture programs including leadership development, succession planning, talent management, and employee engagement to name a few.
We value service, integrity, accountability, partnership, and innovation. We bring these values to life every day through our character – we’re respectful, caring, fair, knowledgeable, and responsive. Consider joining an extraordinary team that believes in learning together and supporting each other while providing excellence in all that we do.
How you’ll make a difference : You’ll build and empower teams that serve workers and employers across B.C.
Where you’ll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you’ll work primarily from home and occasionally in our Richmond, B.C. office.
As a Talent Program Advisor , you will:
- Work as an effective member of the management team as a subject matter expert on matters related to talent
pool development and maintenance.
- Support the People & Culture Specialist in change and project management, consultation, facilitation, program design and evaluation, and analysis of related metrics and OD systems to initiate, maintain, and administer new and existing People and Culture programs. These include leadership development, succession planning, talent management, and employee engagement including end-to-end employee experience initiatives.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures, guidelines, programs, and systems in area of responsibility, act on opportunities for continuous improvement and provide consistent and clear guidance and recommendations.
- Develop internal and external talent pools through collaboration, analytics and maintaining solid understanding of talent and skills requirements and resources for filling vacancies externally.
- Ensure the efficient operation of talent pool initiatives including contribution to a tailored recruitment/retention strategy and maintenance of a skills repository.
- Foster a positive experience for talent pool members through established criteria, fostering relationships and continued needs assessment of through fit-gap analysis.
- Promote a service-oriented approach in providing services to external and internal stakeholders.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of talent pool management and strategy including extensive knowledge of talent programs, recruitment, and selection best practises.
- Illustrate a clear understanding of internal and external talent mobility and experience particularly working with co-op students and interns.
- Display your knowledge of human resource policies and procedures as they relate to recruitment and exercise considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work, balancing multiple activities and changing priorities.
Your experience and educational background :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- Three years relevant experience working in talent management and talent mobility working with large talent pools
- Experience building and delivering programs that provide in-house support for talent pools and coordination with related business hosts
- Experience using an applicant tracking system and internal marketplace technology
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you’re legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC’s COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the “Policy”) is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We’re honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experience that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more : Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work – and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Benefits package that includes customizable options for health care and dental benefits, additional days off, and a health care spending account
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Learn more : Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date. Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/64962793afe529953cc3106c/60afb430e9e1a80518c41fe4/en