People and Culture Specialist – Talent Management and Organizational Development – Worksafe BC
People & Culture Specialist – Talent Management and Organizational Development
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: 6951 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC
Are you an experienced and results-focused Talent Management and Organizational Development practitioner looking for a new opportunity to make a difference? Do you have experience in leadership and organizational development initiatives within an intermediate to large organization? If so, we are looking for you to join our team!
As a Talent Management and Organizational Development practitioner, you will provide consulting and advisory services by planning, developing, and delivering strategies to align with the complex people and culture needs of WorkSafeBC. This will include partnering with stakeholders to design and implement departmental and enterprise-wide Leadership, Talent Management, OD and Change programs and initiatives that support employee effectiveness and promote organizational culture and systems. Your skills in change and project management and program design will elevate our Organizational Development outcomes.
We value service, integrity, accountability, partnership, and innovation. We bring these values to life every day through our character – we’re respectful, caring, fair, knowledgeable, and responsive. Consider joining an extraordinary team that believes in learning together and supporting each other while providing excellence in all that we do.
How you’ll make a difference: You’ll build and empower teams that serve workers and employers across B.C.
Where you’ll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you’ll work primarily from home and occasionally in our Richmond, B.C. office.
As a People & Culture Specialist, you will:
- Partner with stakeholders to design, plan, develop, coordinate, and implement departmental and enterprise-wide Leadership, Talent Management, OD and Change programs and initiatives that support employee effectiveness and promote organizational culture and systems.
- Use specialist skills in change and project management, consultation, facilitation, program design and evaluation, and analysis of related metrics to measure outcomes and diagnostics.
- Use OD systems lens to initiate, maintain, and administer new and existing People and Culture programs including leadership development, succession planning, talent management, and employee engagement including end-to-end employee experience initiatives.
- Partner with leaders and the People and Culture Team on planning and delivering specific enterprise-wide Talent and OD projects and programs.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment while maximizing your planning and implementation skills
- Exhibit creativity in project management and program design
- Build and manage new People & Culture programs with a sharp focus on leadership development and employee engagement
- Engage with internal partnerships and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Your experience and educational background :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development, adult education, behavioral sciences or other equivalent
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Human Resources with a minimum of three years of experience delivering talent and OD initiatives to a senior leadership audience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you’re legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC’s COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the “Policy”) is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We’re honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experience that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more : Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work – and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Benefits package that includes customizable options for health care and dental benefits, additional days off, and a health care spending account
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Learn more : Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Please apply online at; https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/649629b3afe529953cc3109a/60afb430e9e1a80518c41fe4/en