ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Are you an innovative, transformational agent that believes in agility amidst constant changing environments? Are you ready for your next critical endeavor in supporting one of BC’s Top Employers’ talent and organizational effectiveness programs? If yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
WorkSafeBC is embarking on an exciting endeavor building its new Talent and Organizational Development (Talent and OD) team to make a tremendous impact in shaping our talent and organizational development strategy. We are looking for an Organizational Development Specialist to join our team.
The specialist plays a key role leading and in providing consulting, coordination, and advisory services in talent management, OD and equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) by supporting medium to high complexity talent and OD projects to support WorkSafeBC’s vision and mandate.
In this role, you’ll lead and implement divisional and enterprise-wide Talent, Leadership, Change and OD programs and initiatives that support employee effectiveness and promote organizational culture and systems. You’ll lead the design, delivery, and evaluation of programs such as leadership development, succession planning, internal and external talent management taking charge of the end-to-end employee experience initiatives. As an OD Specialist, you’ll work with and support various People and Culture teams on planning and delivering specific enterprise-wide Talent and OD projects and programs.
Your human-centric mindset and collaborative style will be key in building partnerships with our leaders and our People and Culture team members to support the build of this new function within WorkSafeBC.
WorkSafeBC has adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Organizational Development Specialist, you will:
- Lead the planning, execution, and delivery of high to medium complexity Talent Development, OD and EDI projects that support employees through the full talent life cycle.
- Develop, design and coordinate talent management career pathing, coaching and mentoring activities in partnership with managers and People and Culture teams
- Partner and collaborate to curate and create succession, learning and talent experiences and pipelines for our succession planning approach.
- Apply a proactive, creative, collaborative approach to finding business and people solutions.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships internally and externally at all levels of the organization, partnering closely with the People and Culture teams, Communication and Marketing, Business Advisory Services, and other key stakeholders
- Deliver and coordinate change management and communication plans and reporting on our outcomes and measures
- Create and deliver reports on relevant metrics in partnership with the Analytics team.
Education, Training and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Preferably five years of recent related experience in People and Culture, three years in Organizational Development and/or coaching and/or micro-credentials in areas of expertise
- Working in a unionized / non-unionized organization.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will certainly be considered.
Skills and Abilities
- Leverage their understanding and experience in the Talent and Organizational Development and behavioural sciences background to start the work on succession, talent and leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and career development.
- Demonstrate experience in the areas of leadership development, learning development, organizational development and/or coaching.
- Communicate effectively, especially in written reports and presentations, to senior leadership to convey approach, frameworks, designs and strategies.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and data.
- Research information and maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and developments.
- Work collaboratively within a team environment.
WHO ARE WE?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
CLICK ON THIS LINK HERE