Organizational and People Development Advisor, VCC
Organizational and People Development Advisor
|Title||Organizational and People Development Advisor|
Who We Are
We acknowledge that Vancouver Community College (VCC) is located on the traditional unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples who have been stewards of this land from time immemorial.
For over 55 years, VCC has been a leader in innovative, experiential post-secondary learning. We’re one of B.C’s top employers and we are proud to inspire students to discover their passions, gain essential skills, and learn what it takes to succeed in a competitive workforce.
At VCC, we respect and celebrate our differences, and are committed to the work of decolonization, accessibility, and inclusivity for all. Be a part of creating an inclusive community that provides equitable opportunities for Indigenous and diverse representation, participation, and success for everyone.
We value lived experience and encourage applications from members of all groups experiencing barriers to equity. Come join the VCC community as we shape the future together.
Come work as an Organizational and People Development Advisor with Vancouver Community College (VCC)
We have a dynamic opportunity for an experienced OD practitioner to join our People Services department. This is the perfect role for someone who loves developing and implementing organizational strategies, supporting employee engagement, championing mental health, and fostering leadership development. If people are your passion and you enjoy being part of a great team, apply today!
Reporting to the Director, Recruitment and People Development, the Organizational and People Development Advisor serves as an internal consulting resource for organization and leadership development processes, strategies and projects directed at supporting the strategic priorities of Vancouver Community College.
Provides consulting services to senior leaders and managers with teams. Supports the goals and objectives of senior leadership with interventions such as change initiatives, strategy and planning facilitation, process re-design, team building, training, consulting, and coaching on organization development issues. Provides support to the organization and specific functional areas in recognizing current patterns across the system and partnering to develop and implement strategies to improve organizational effectiveness.
Leadership Development/Strategic Priorities
1. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of strategic and operational initiatives designed to strengthen organizational and individual competencies and leader development.
2. Creates leadership development and training programs that align with VCC’s strategic goals and objectives.
3. Collaborates with senior leaders on agreed priorities and provides consulting services focused on building and improving teams, leaders, and systems effectiveness.
4. Provides programs and client services that develop leaders’ skill and capacity for coaching, process design, facilitation, and team development within their own teams.
Professional/Career Development and Training
5. Creates, administers, and promotes employee training, development, and wellness courses and continuing education programs.
6. Recommends, designs, and develops organizational development and learning programs, policies and initiatives that support VCC’s commitment to lifelong learning. Designs and facilitates selected in-house training initiatives.
7. Manages training and professional development budgets; provides input on budget development.
8. Remains current in the practice of organization development and leadership development by ongoing professional development; researches and implements innovative best practices in alignment with probable future needs in the organization.
9. Designs and leads college wide initiatives that promote employee satisfaction and the retention of employees by researching best practices and recommending strategies.
10. Contributes to the development and implementation of employee educational and engagement activities and events; oversees long service awards, employee excellence awards, and VCC Day.
Onboarding and Orientation
11. Collaborates on the development and implementation of onboarding and new employee orientation programs. Consults with schools and departments to determine requirements for VCC’s diverse employee groups.
12. Oversees the facilitation of employee onboarding and orientation programs.
13. Conducts program reviews to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the College.
14. Develops and administers Performance Review programs and provides coaching for managers, supervisors and employees designed to promote employee development and growth.
15. Facilitates annual and mid-year performance reviews through ongoing communication and administration of the programs.
Organizational Development, Design and Change Management
16. Facilitates team development, and changes in group norms, values, and culture; identifies, and selects appropriate instruments and surveys to analyze individual and group behavior; partners with clients in identifying strategies for improvement; provides coaching supports to leaders aimed at increasing success in change integrations.
17. Provides coaching and guidance on change management and organizational effectiveness by partnering with department leaders to plan and implement customized employee and team development interventions and/or training programs. Assesses the effectiveness of programs and identifies where additional support is required.
18. Designs, develops, and implements evaluation processes, including feedback sessions and focus groups to ensure organizational training and development programs are current and effective.
19. Coordinates with Marketing and Communication on event planning and promotion of programs and initiatives.
20. Collaborates with People Services team to provide a cohesive approach in meeting client needs.
21. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Skills and Abilities
|Salary Range – Prorated based on FTE||
$69,725 – $92,967 – $102,263 annualized (Pay Grid 9). Normal starting salary placement is between $69,725 and $92,967. Compensation beyond the control/mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employer’s Council Secretariat (PSEC).
|Type of Position||Permanent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Department||HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT|
|Primary Location – This position may require you to work at all VCC locations.||Broadway|
|Is this posting only for internal applicants?||No|
|Desired Start Date – May be subject to change|
|Position End Date – For Temporary Positions|
|Vacation Blackout Dates|
|Number of Hours per Week||35|
|Work Schedule – Hours may vary according to the needs of the Department||
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
|Eligible for Fortnight||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicant|
|Posting Open Date||01/12/2023|
|Posting Close Date||02/12/2023|
|Is this a pooled posting?||No|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter