Organizational and People Development Advisor – Langara College
Job Title: Organizational and People Development Advisor
Employee Group: Administrator
Employee Type: Permanent
Start Date: Monday, July 24 2023
Langara’s newly created Organizational Development team in our People and Culture Department aims to advance the
professional, leadership, and organizational development strategic objectives of Langara College.
We are seeking a talented team player who is passionate about making a positive impact on the employee experience and professional, leadership,
and organizational development opportunities to join our team in the role of Organizational and People Development Advisor.
Reporting to the Director, Organizational Development the Organizational and People Development Advisor serves as an internal consulting resource
for people, organizational development and leadership development initiatives, projects and programs directed at supporting the continuous
development of the College and its people in support of the mission, vision, values and strategic priorities.
As a member of the Organizational Development team the incumbent provides an array of organizational, team, and individual specific
services including consultation, advising, guiding, education, training, presenting, and facilitation. The incumbent also contributes to the
planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the strategic initiatives undertaken by the department and shares responsibility for
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in related field including human resources, organizational behaviour/development, adult education, psychology, etc.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in leadership and professional development, organizational design, and development.
Preference for experience in public sector or large, complex multi-union
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning theories, concepts, methodologies, practices, and strategies coupled with demonstrated success in the design development delivery and assessment for a diversity of audiences and outcomes.
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, theories, principles, practices and techniques of organization, leadership and professional development,
employee engagement, performance management and strategic succession planning.
- Understanding of leadership models and competency frameworks.
- Practical experience utilizing project management principles, practices, and methodologies.
- Demonstrated expertise in the delivery of a variety of learning and development programs, processes, resources, and tools in varied formats
including f2f, online, and hybrid. Experience with and/or knowledge of technology enabled learning and/or learning management systems is
- Demonstrated project management knowledge and experience from conception to implementation including knowledge of project management
principles, tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrated practical experience with decolonization, equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging initiatives.
- Record of success as a trainer, facilitator, and presenter, to a diversity of audiences in a variety of modes using varied methodologies
to effect change.
- PID, EDI, PMP and/or Change (e.g., Prosci) credentials an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional relational competence with demonstrated success creating and maintaining relationships and nurturing networks and work collaboratively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and manage difficult situations with compassion, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with multiple and changing priorities, exercise initiative and resourcefulness and act with considerable
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) and adept at using multiple channels of communication to inform, educate and
influence varied and diverse stakeholders.
- Superior strategic-thinking, organizational, analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional leadership and relational competence with demonstrated success fostering development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams), Systems
- Solution orientation – Makes timely decisions and advances solutions that are in the best interest of the College and our students.
- Accountability – Fosters and demonstrates a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Relationship intelligence – Demonstrates emotional maturity and operates respectfully in all situations and dynamics.
- Conflict resolution – Acts with courage to take on the tough issues and conversations.
- Mobilization of people – Empowers others to be engaged, motivated and resilient through change.
- Vision and strategic thinking – Energizes people around the vision and supports team alignment with the strategic plan.
- Continuous learning – Cultivates a growth mindset and provides opportunities for development.
- Communication – Uses personal interaction, transparency, and language to effectively build trust and commitment.
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.