Manager Talent Management and Organizational Development – Worksafe BC
Manager, Talent Management & Organizational Development
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: 6951 Westminster Hwy Richmond BC
Ready for an opportunity to shape talent development and organizational effectiveness in a dynamic and ever-evolving setting? If you’re a visionary leader with a passion for driving transformational change, we’ve got something special for you!
WorkSafeBC, a leading organization dedicated to supporting British Columbians across the province, is seeking an exceptional Manager of Talent and Organizational Development. In this role, you’ll lead the development of internal talent pools and spearhead critical programs with an emphasis on leadership development, succession planning and readiness, future-focused skills, talent calibration, coaching, co-op student experiences and career pathing.
Partnering with People and Culture teams and business leaders, you will provide strategic and tactical direction to build leadership, talent, and organizational capabilities, enabling the achievement of WorkSafeBC’s objectives and goals. Reporting directly to the Director of Organizational Effectiveness and Talent Acquisition, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and lead a team, directing internal projects and external consultants.
Join us on this exciting journey of growth and development, where your innovative approach will make a positive impact. If you’re ready to make a difference and inspire positive change, apply now and be a part of our dynamic team!
How you’ll make a difference : You’ll build and empower teams that serve workers and employers across B.C.
Where you’ll work: At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you’ll work both from home and our Richmond, B.C. office depending on the needs of the business.
As a Manager, Talent and Organizational Development you will:
- Design and execute strategies and processes to ensure effective delivery and implementation of services, initiatives, and programs to support succession planning, talent, and organizational development by:
- Creating, managing, and overseeing a multi-year roadmap and delivery of Talent & Organizational Development programs
- Evaluating new and/or existing end-to-end employee experience initiatives
- Integrating talent acquisition and development approaches to create internal and external succession pipelines with a consideration for equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Career mapping and role and organizational design to support progression and engagement through a comprehensive review of role dimensions and rewards
- Partner up with Learning and Development Services to develop and/or acquire training and development programs for TOD initiatives
- Define and develop Talent & Organizational Development metrics to measure the effectiveness of initiatives and prepare reports for the CEO and Board on progress against goals
- Support a variety of Talent & Organizational Development systems such as Oracle, HCM/HRMS or LXP systems to capture succession readiness, leadership development and talent mobility metrics
- Research Talent & Organizational Development best practices and evaluate current internal practices and policies to recommend solutions with a data-led and analytical approach to achieve goals and objectives
- Manage change management initiatives and ensure a successful implementation and delivery of various Talent & Organizational Development initiatives in partnership with Corporate Communications and Marketing through frequent communication plans and campaign
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Be agile, resilient, and work well under pressure amidst changing priorities
- Approach new initiatives with a strategic, analytical, and holistic approach to ensure a successful delivery and implementation of Talent & Organizational Development programs within a complex, unionized environment
- Build teams, manage direct reports and partnerships inside and outside the organization to deliver our Talent & Organizational Development goals
- Coach business leaders and People and Culture teams on various Talent & Organizational Development processes, performance, and best practices
Your experience and educational background:
- An undergraduate degree in human resources, business, or a related discipline
- Certification in coaching, organizational development, change management, or direct implementation experience is preferred
- 7 to 10 years of experience in a related field including 5 years of progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading talent, change management and leadership development-related initiatives and programs within a complex, unionized/non-unionized organization
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Important to know
- Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must confirm you’re legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC’s COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the “Policy”) is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We’re honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experience that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more : Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work – and life.
Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Benefits package that includes customizable options for health care and dental benefits, additional days off, and a health care spending account
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Learn more : Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date. Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/64ca7a5165c5f523f09c019f/60afb430e9e1a80518c41fe4/en