Manager, Organizational Development
Manager, Organizational Development
The Gateway to Your Future
Are you a seasoned leader who is passionate about employee experience and development?
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited and its diverse properties across BC, Alberta and Ontario are building momentum following COVID-19 closures.
To support continuity, a temporary opportunity for the position of Manager Organizational Development is available to provide coverage through an employee’s period of leave, to start as soon as possible and with an anticipated end date of October 28, 2023. This extended temporary opportunity is eligible for full benefits and flexible work arrangement considerations.
This position will manage a small team ensuring the successful delivery of Organizational Development programs and initiatives across the company. With a focus on delivering a positive employee experience, the role works collaboratively with corporate and site leadership to ensure the alignment of employee development and their contributions to the business strategy and performance.
For the period of leave, the work of this position will be prioritized to focus on key projects including:
- Leading the team and service delivery, including organizational development and training
- Implementing a revised performance management framework, including collaboration with the compensation team and key partners to ensure alignment to business strategy
- Designing and implementing a new succession management framework
- Contributing to the review and enhancement of the organization’s internal communications
- Collaborating on a review of onboarding solutions
Why join our team?
- Hybrid work environment – Work from home days!
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a focus in Organizational Development, Leadership, Organizational Behavior, Adult Education or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience incorporating: supervising or managing a team, strategic planning, design and delivery of related programs and services, building partnerships and providing advice, and working with systems that support people practices
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities reflecting a commitment to courage, empathy, intention, change management, and action
- Strong commitment to continuous learning reflected as relevant designations and certifications (change management, project management, HR professional, coaching, etc.)
- Experience in gaming, food & beverage, or a hospitality industry preferred
- Experience in a complex, unionized, and multi-location company preferred
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 29 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what its like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada with 27 gaming properties in British Columbia and Ontario and two additional properties in Edmonton, Alberta. Across its entire portfolio, Gateway currently employs approximately 7,000 people and features approximately 334 table games (including 27 poker tables), 13,555 slots, 91 food and beverage outlets and 561 hotel rooms. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway’s proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2022, Gateway will celebrate 30 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Additional information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.