Learning Officer, City of Abbotsford
Exempt, Full Time
The City of Abbotsford has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Learning Officer to join our Human Resources team. If you are a self-motivated, driven learning and development professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and are seeking an opportunity to join a progressive team where you can grow your career through countless opportunities this could be the role for you!
At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. You will play a key role in supporting the organization’s human resources strategy to create a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees to thrive.
You will assist in designing, developing, implementing and evaluating programs that help drive organizational performance and employee engagement by; collaboratively developing content, coordinating learning, and managing records. Your experience with adult learning coupled with your ability to interpret and find meaning in data will support us in creating engaging and impactful learning and development programs.
This role requires a future focused, technologically savvy, detail oriented communicator who values a team environment and can manage a diverse workload while providing excellent customer service. Our Human Resources team values teamwork, integrity and an energetic and positive work environment.
Our ideal candidate will have;
- A relevant degree specializing in adult education, organizational behaviour/development, human resources plus 5 years of sound progressive experience in an adult education and development roles or equivalent education, training and experience
- 3 years with e-learning development using tools such as Articulate
- Experience in designing curriculum as well as facilitating it
- Proven change management and project management experience preferably in a unionized environment
- Experience in developing and publishing policies and procedures as well as employee communication
- Experience in facilitating organization wide committees to develop organizational strategies
- Experience updating and maintaining records management system training records to ensure compliance and accuracy
Closing Date: Sept 12, 2022
The City of Abbotsford is committed to creating a workplace that fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion by attracting, retaining and developing a talented and diverse workforce which broadly reflects the community and citizens we serve. As such, we encourage applications from individuals from all genders, backgrounds and underrepresented groups. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
To apply, please visit us online at www.abbotsford.ca/careers