Learning and Development Facilitator
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR | City of Surrey
(1-Year Term; Part-Time)
Are you looking to join an award-winning employer with a proven commitment to organizational growth and development? We
are currently searching for a Learning & Development Facilitator. Reporting to the Organizational Development Manager and
as a key member of the Human Resources team, the Learning and Development Facilitator will be responsible for the delivery
of workshops and course contents to support corporate employee development.
- Facilitate in-person and virtual workshops to City employees, supporting skill development across the City’s Great 8
Competencies. Preferred workshop topics include: City Essentials for New Employees; Insights Discovery; Effective
Communication Skills; Emotional Intelligence.
- Work with subject matter experts to adapt and modify workshop content for team specific sessions.
- Design and develop workshop content, primarily for topics related to communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prepare for delivery of workshops, including scheduling, booking of facilities, preparation of workshop materials, and
clear communication and expectations with participants.
- Deliver workshops on a regular basis, supporting timely delivery of content to support staff effectiveness. (e.g. City
Essentials for New Employees)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of workshop content and make updates to support improved outcomes.
- Support the Learning & Development team with special projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- College/university diploma or degree in HR or related discipline, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a facilitator
role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven facilitation track record in delivering an exceptional workshop experience to diverse groups within a corporate environment.
- Ability to exhibit energy to motivate and inspire workshop/course participants.
- Strong communication skills and an excellent ability to build trust and maintain strong working relationships with members of the team, partners, and workshop participants.
- Good judgment and initiative, and can work independently to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs: MS Teams, Word, PowerPoint
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
- A Police Information Check will be required.
Preferred candidates will have one or more of the following assets:
- Insights Discovery accreditation.
- Crucial Learning accreditation (e.g. Getting Things Done)
- Completion of a recognized facilitators program.