Leader, Organization Development – Fraser Health
Leader, Organization Development (Posting ID: 2022-11047)
Why Fraser Health?
Are you ready to join an exciting and fast paced environment that will bring out your creative and innovative spirit? Do you enjoy working with senior leaders, clients, and teams to develop organizational development strategies? Are you passionate about initiating and developing recommendations to support
organizational development? If you have answered “yes”, then we want you to consider the next stage of your career with us.
We have a Leader, Organization Development role that will allow you to combine your leadership skills and your expertise in consulting to support continued organizations development.
The Leader in Organization Development provides strategic and operational leadership in organization development consulting services across the organization. They also lead an OD team that consults to senior leaders and their teams to engage and support people; build a culture of connection, engagement and purpose; and achieve organizational objectives.
We are looking for an individual that has the ability to lead themselves develop coalitions and engage other as they achieve goals and support system transitions in the organization.
Now that we have told you about this exciting opportunity, here is some information about us as the organization you would be working for.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, integrity and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Have we interested you in finding out more about joining this amazing team? Want to know more?
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Come join us – be part of something that will allow you to lead the purposeful work of making a difference each day, in a sector that works tirelessly to keep our communities thriving.
If you want to learn more, please reach out to: Harleen Gill, Client Partner, Talent Acquisition and Onboarding at email@example.com of if you’d like to apply, please do so here: Posting 2022-11047.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Reporting to the Director, Organization Development & Engagement, the Leader provides strategic and operational leadership in organization development (OD) consulting services across the organization. The incumbent leads an OD team that consults to senior leaders and their teams to engage and support people; build a culture of connection, engagement and purpose; and achieve organizational objectives.
The incumbent leads a team that plans, manages and delivers strategic people engagement and organization development consulting services across Fraser Health This portfolio includes leading a team that provides senior team development, large systems change engagement and organization development support to significant organizational change initiatives. Additional areas of responsibility include consulting design and facilitating of network and leadership structures such as large leadership forums, conferences and summits and bi-annual engagement surveying.
1. Sets direction for Organization Development consulting annually in alignment with the Director and executive priorities.
2. Working with senior leaders (clients) and teams, understand needs and scope of work, identify solutions and build responsive Organization Development strategies, and assign resources.
3. Provide oversight, expertise and oversight for consulting team including support for managing the client relationship.
4. Facilitates senior leadership meetings and retreats.
5. Initiates and develops recommendations to support effective and efficient organization development towards a work environment consistent with our Vision, Purpose, Values and Commitments.
6. Manages internal and external OD consulting team, including selection of new Client Partners/consultants, supervision and delegation of work assignments, evaluation of staff to ensure effective performance of duties; disciplines and initiates employee terminations as necessary.
7. Prepares and manages budget to reflect the on-going needs of the portfolio; manages annual contracting with external team members.
8. Oversees the intake process, which includes the client service request and initial consultation; assigns appropriate Client Partner to meet client need; monitors Client Partner work throughout client service engagement.
9. Provides consulting and support to operational and clinical leaders in the areas of organization development; keeps current of industry standards and best practice.
10. Liaises with and provides support to key development initiatives undertaken through the Employee Experience portfolio and the Transformation Leadership Office.
11. Manages contracts and coordinates the brokering for organization development consulting as required to support organization change initiatives and OD consulting on a one-time basis which includes contracting of work, consultant selection, monitoring and evaluating effectiveness.
12. Provides design and facilitation support for large leadership forums in the organization.
13. Partners with Leadership Development in the delivery of Fraser Health’s internal leadership development.
14. Liaises with Leadership Development, People Development Client Partners, Strategic Transformation Team and Leaders to ensure consistent goals and best practice standards.
Education and Experience
Masters Degree in Organization Development, Organization Behaviour, Leadership/OD plus seven (7) to nine (9) years’ recent, related experience in a large organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Demonstrated excellence in knowledge and delivery of transformational organization development.
- Demonstrated excellence in team development theory, practice and facilitation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OD theory, Leadership Development best practices and OD consulting principles, practices and methodology.
- Demonstrated expertise in client, team and systems needs assessment.
- Demonstrated expertise in design and development of organization development interventions.