Change Management Specialist – Nicola Wealth
Change Management Specialist
We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada’s Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm’s values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture and investing deeply in your growth and development to build the future. If you have this same drive, then let’s talk!
We are seeking an individual to focus on increasing and enabling the adoption of new processes and technologies by applying change management methodology and best practices to change management plans. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Change Management and will support the Change Management pillar of work at Nicola Wealth within the Business Transformation Team.
The location of this role will be a hybrid work schedule based in our Vancouver or Toronto office.
As a Change Management Specialist, your key accountabilities will involve:
- Align with the overall change management strategy for given projects by crafting and executing stakeholder engagement and communication plans to drive higher levels of engagement, faster adoption, greater utilization, and higher proficiency.
- Conduct comprehensive Change Impact Assessments and validation exercises with key stakeholder groups.
- Identify risks and issues and take proactive steps to consult and coach stakeholders to mitigate risks.
- Create or support the creation of Stakeholder Engagement and Communication plans based on detailed analysis of stakeholders and the impact of the change.
- Prepare key messages, leadership talking points, website content and other communication collateral.
- Create and support change champion plans to scale up the support during project launch and sustainment phases.
- Manage feedback mechanisms and work closely with the project team to action on feedback received.
- Proactively manage key stakeholder relationships to support and monitor change adoption.
- Interact with stakeholders to define rate of adoption of the changes taking place and identify gaps to be addressed.
- Identify change management related risks and appropriate mitigation strategies to the project / program. Ensure strategies are embedded within the change management plan.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
As a Change Management Specialist, your experience and qualifications will include:
- A minimum of 3 years’ Change Management or Internal Communications experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business, Communication, Information Technology, or other relevant field.
- A solid understanding of Change Management methodology and best practices to roll out stakeholder engagement and communication plans for audiences with mixed level of ability to understand technical information and acceptance to change.
- Prosci certificate and/or other Business Communication certification is considered an asset.
- Financial services experience is an asset.
- Experience in website content creation and management.
- Skilled in utilizing various tools to create communication materials.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint skills required.
- Proven leadership in developing and rolling out stakeholder engagement and communication plans and collaboration with project team, leadership groups and business representatives.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Creative problem solver who is able to prioritize, manage, and handle multiple tasks with a proven ability to discern between critical and less important problems.
- Ability to apply system thinking in dealing with change resistance.
- Ability to identify pain points and coach stakeholders on the best practices.
- Ability to translate technical knowledge into language and information easily consumable for end users and present them in various communication channels.
- Work effectively with diverse clients, co-workers, and levels of technical knowledge.
- Positive, flexible, and open-minded with a hands-on approach towards work.
- Able to maintain a calm, professional demeanor and collaborate under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt as needed.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer.
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: nicolawealth.com/careers