BC LDB is seeking a Senior Manager, Organizational Development & Change
Closing Date: March 16, 2021
At the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) our vision of ‘Service. Relationships. Results.’ is all about providing a valued service, building strong relationships with our stakeholders, and achieving greater results for the province.
The LDB is one of two branches of government responsible for the cannabis and liquor industry of B.C. We operate the wholesale distribution of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis within the province, as well as the household retail brands of BC Liquor Stores and BC Cannabis Stores.
We employ nearly 5,000 people in over 200 communities and have hundreds of career opportunities spanning our entire wholesale, retail and corporate operations – from supply chain logistics, to high-tech solutions, and everything in between. The LDB has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
In Human Resources (HR), we support a large, distributed organization with a range of services from our Talent & Compensation, Organizational Development & Change, Employee Relations and Investigations, and Occupational Health and Safety teams. You’ll get the opportunity to flex your skills in supporting retail, warehouse, and corporate office environments with a unionized employee base. In HR, we know that ensuring employees feel valued and respected and providing opportunities for learning and development is how our business is able to drive efficiencies and profitability.
The Senior Manager, Organizational Development and Change reports to the Director, Organizational Development and Change in the Human Resources Department. This position plays a critical role in strategic program development, projects and continuous improvements that enhance operational effectiveness and align with organizational goals and strategies.
The Senior Manager, Organizational Development and Change provides advice and guidance regarding organizational development, change management and employee engagement programs. The Senior Manager oversees the day to day responsibilities of the organizational development and change team, ensuring smooth and efficient execution of duties to keep the organization’s workforce at peak performance.
This position may include some overnight travel requirements within the Province of British Columbia. A criminal record check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the job description on the BCLDB website, also located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting. An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established.
Education and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree and/or diploma in a related field, with several years of progressive leadership experience that includes the following:
- Developing recommendations and designing organizational development and/or change management initiatives to meet the strategic goals of an organization.
- Leading implementation and providing ongoing support for organizational development and/or change management services.
- Managing and developing a team of employees as a direct supervisor.
Preferred criteria includes:
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing employee engagement initiatives.
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing diversity inclusion initiatives.
- Providing oversight to organization development or change management programs at an organization-wide level.
- Organizational development and/or change management experience within a large, multifaceted organization.
- Experience providing both organizational development and change management services.
See the Full Job Posting for more information and to apply.