BC Assessment is seeing a People Practice Advisor
Read more about this opportunity here, or on the BC Assessment website.
About the Opportunity:
Do you care about making a difference at work?
- Do you want to impact culture and employee experience through the development of strategic people-focused programs?
- Can you see and map the “big” AND operate in the “weeds” to make it all happen?
- Do you want to join an award-winning culture and thrive in a place where work-life balance is possible?
I currently have a permanent People Practice Advisor position available on my team and I am looking for a bright talented individual to fill it!
The People Practice Advisor is a senior-level position and will be part of molding the future of our overall business and its success through a focus on our people. This role can work out of either our Vancouver or Victoria (Uptown) office.
This role is responsible for leading the development and implementation of progressive and innovative people and organizational development strategies. I am looking for an innovator. Someone who is passionate about organizational development and ensuring that the products we build and deliver to our people enable them to be world class in their work.
If you are my ideal candidate, you have a broad range of experience and knowledge in the fields of leadership development, performance management, organizational culture, and employee engagement/listening. You are always on top of current trends in this rapidly evolving digital world and are eager to not only do things differently, but to make a difference!
As a knowledge organization, organizational development is vital to our success. Over the next year you will:
- Identify and implement a new employee engagement/listening tool, and build a new approach to collecting, learning from and acting upon the feedback of our employees.
- Help renew and reaffirm the unique BCA culture in support of our new BCA Strategic Plan, and;
- Begin refreshing the BCA Leadership Competencies to align with our renewed culture, our post pandemic work world, and our Diversity & Inclusion strategy.
About the Team
Your colleagues will be a small group of learning, organizational development, change, and talent acquisition professionals who regularly meet to share their work, get feedback, and challenge each other in their thinking. As a team, we are focusing our efforts on preparing BCA for the work of the future. We work hard, have fun and do some pretty remarkable things.
As the manager, I expect a lot, but I also give a lot too. I will support you and provide you with opportunities to challenge yourself, and take on great projects. I will also give you room to make your own decisions and have some accountability. It is important that I find someone who is not only a great fit for this role, but for our team as well.
If this sounds like you, please click “apply” and submit an application with a compelling cover letter via our website. If you are curious about whether this could be you or have any questions … please reach out directly via our Careers inbox (no applications to this email address please). Finally yet importantly, I encourage you to check out our award winning culture video.
For a complete and specific list of accountabilities and requirements, please view the role profile.
Lori Wallis – Director, Strategic People Programs
About BC Assessment
BCA is a provincial Crown Corporation created in 1974 with a mandate to establish and maintain real property assessments that are uniform in the whole of British Columbia. We produce an annual Assessment Roll that contains fair, equitable, independent and trusted property assessments for over two million properties in the province. These assessments play a vital role in the property tax system that generates more than $8.6 billion annually to support services that people count on in BC communities, schools, libraries, emergency services, infrastructure, parks and recreation and roads.
While carrying out this mandate over 48 years, we have developed the single-most comprehensive source of property data in the province, and deep expertise in the real estate market. We leverage these assets to provide valuable services to a variety of customers that include local governments, First Nations, property owners, academics and researchers, private businesses, and the provincial government.
We employ over 700 people in 15 offices throughout the province of BC. We are recognized as one of the best employers in British Columbia, have been awarded one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and are known as one of the leading property assessment organizations in the world.
- Successful completion of a related degree in Leadership and Training, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Human Resources, Management Development or Adult Education.
- Masters degree in OD, Organization Behaviour or Leadership would be an asset.
- Coaching designation would be an asset.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in people and organization development, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of corporate programs.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
BC Assessment is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com
As a Provincial Crown Corporation, our mission is to create uniform assessments and trusted property information that supports strong and vibrant communities in BC. Our people are the key to our success – they drive our business, bring our values to life and truly help build communities. We value BC and also, truly value our people.
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks and flexible work schedules
- Health and Wellness – generous extended health and dental benefits, plus other wellness focused programs and benefits
- Retirement benefits – including public service pension plan
- Career development – ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program
Visit our benefits page to learn more and know that if you join the BC Assessment team, your skills and experience will be valued and will make a difference in the communities that we work and live.
You can also apply for this opportunity on the BC Assessment website.