- This event has passed.
Virtual Conversation Café
April 27, 2020 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PMFree
BCODN Virtual Conversation Café Overview
This is a virtual event hosted by Jen Schmidt and Charles Lee.
Online registration is now closed. If you would like to attend this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered participants will be emailed a Zoom meeting invite to join the event early afternoon on Monday, April 27th. If you have any issues receiving this email, please email email@example.com.
Times have changed. Let’s adapt together.
In the spirit of appreciation, here are a few things to consider:
- It’s less expensive for us to meet – for us to host and you to attend.
- It takes less time to get together because we don’t need to commute/travel.
- It’s easier to broaden our connections when geographic boundaries are no longer a significant constraint.
With that in mind, OD practitioners, students, facilitators, change makers and leaders are all welcome to come together to experience a Conversation Café in a virtual format.
Our intention is to build community within a broader OD network and engage in appreciative dialogue around the things we’re thinking and feeling. We’ll use the digital tools that we have right now to host a Conversation Café that listens to what you have to say in a meaningful, interactive online event.
Please join us!
“Each day we have an opportunity to celebrate life… to be glad when something goes unexpectedly well – and when something does not go as badly as anticipated. Use any exercise to transform an experience from ordinary into special. Cultivate an attitude of appreciation and celebration and your life will feel magically vital.”
~ David Simon ~
This event is designed to meet two objectives:
1) To connect people within the geographically expansive BCODN community by bringing our gathering online using interactive, collaboration technology
2) To use a virtual Conversation Café format that engages attendees in dialog around our strengths and values as OD practitioners and how we can use them moving forward in this time of significant change
- New relationships and connections across diverse stakeholders
- A stronger, more empowered community
- Appreciative inquiry that inspires and expands a sense of relatedness
- Heart-centered conversations
- Expand your toolkit with virtual facilitation techniques
- Learning to apply to your own practice
Internal/external consultants, facilitators, instructors, students, leaders and managers – all who believe we can learn from each other and collectively solve issues that matter
As a positive thinker by nature, I believe that it is always possible to find new and better ways of doing things. I love the process of sharing knowledge and ideas that contribute to collective learning and growth. My passion is working with people and systems to achieve transformational change. I’ve recently completed a Masters Certificate in Organization Development and Change at York University and I’m on a mission to bring sustainable, continuous improvement to organizations. Currently looking for contract work, and open to exploring other opportunities. Let’s connect @ www.linkedin.com/in/jen-schmidt-at-your-service.
Seeing people thrive and celebrated – that’s my life purpose and what I do as an Organization Development and Change Consultant, and Leadership and Team Coach. I partner with organizations, leaders and teams to strengthen learning and action in complexity, foster whole system engagement, and build community and collective leadership. Change leadership is my calling, complex contexts my field of choice, and thriving human systems my vision.
Online, please register through the link below with your email and we will send the secure invitation link to registered participants before the event.