- This event has passed.
Theory U and Transformational Presence Workshop
February 19, 2019 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM$25 – $30
We are living in a fast-paced world, where complexity keeps rising and managing uncertainty is on many organizations’ agenda. We find many change initiatives struggling to be designed (and approved), to be implemented and to be embedded, in situations where the world around us seems to change faster than we can keep up with. When circumstances are demanding and dynamic, you need to be grounded to stay confident and be present for what is emerging so you can anticipate.
Otto Scharmer’s Theory U hands us a model to meet these challenges in a conscious, intentional, and strategic way. Through 5 (non-linear) stages we open our heart, mind and will while integrating (personal) leadership skills that are needed to keep up with the emerging future. Transformational Presence, by Alan Seale, offers incredibly strong, yet practical, deep dives into the presencing stage of Theory U.
In this workshop, you will get an introduction to Theory U and experience leadership and facilitation techniques coming from both Theory U and Transformational Presence that will support you in work, life and leadership.
At this interactive evening you will:
- Open up to a paradigm shift when you work on your levels of listening
- Wow yourself with new perspectives on your dilemma, using the 4 levels of engagement – without having to share the content
- Get practical with designing your approach for stakeholder exploration or prototyping your ideas
- Cover the basics of Theory U
- Discover conscious ways of approaching and leading change initiatives
- Experiment with integrating wisdom of the mind, heart, and body with tools from Theory U and Transformational Presence
- Experience and learn new techniques that can be applied immediately
Who should attend?
Internal/external consultants, Facilitators, Community Managers, Leaders and Managers – all who are called to facilitate community building, learning, meetings, communication, groups, and change.
Leadership developer – Change facilitator – Program manager
I believe that people can be empowered during change when they are allowed to act from a place of meaningfulness and intrinsic motivation. I work with groups to create spaces to dream, experiment and be courageous to move towards purpose in their journey.
The Hive Co-Working
210-128 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1G8
Directions & Parking:
There are a number of paid parking lots near this location. Click here for a map.
The Hive Co-working is at a 7 min walking distance from Waterfront and easily reached by buses 14 and 16.