- This event has passed.
Season Launch and Liberating Structures #2
September 18, 2019 @ 5:45 PM - 8:00 PMFree
BCODN invites you to join us at our first session of the year!
At this event, you’ll meet the new Board Members, see the different learning opportunities coming up this year, and participate in a Liberating Structures workshop where you can experience and practice new structures to add to your toolbox. Whether you’re a newcomer or a regular at BCODN events, you never know who you’ll connect with or what you’ll learn. We look forward to meeting you!
This is our second Liberating Structures workshop, following our sold-out session in the Fall. Light refreshments will be served. Prepare for some surprising results and serious fun.
As a special bonus for members who sign up to this event, we will hold a draw for one complimentary ticket (valued at $1530) to the Search Inside Yourself program taking place October 24-25 in Vancouver.
Conventional structures such as presentations, status reports and managed discussions tend to be over-controlling and stifle inclusion and engagement. Liberating Structures are a series of group processes designed to engage and include everyone in productively moving forward in a variety of contexts. See Liberating Structures for more information.
- Learn and experience a few of the most popular Liberating Structures.
- For newcomers: Introduce Liberating Structures as a way of engaging your clients, colleagues, employees and team members in productive, purposeful, inclusive ways.
- For experienced Liberating Structures facilitators: Explore ways to enhance your skills by continuing to practice and hone your skills through coaching others.
- Learn about the activities of the Vancouver Liberating Structures user group and BCODN.
- Experience and learn new techniques
Who Should Attend?
Internal/external Consultants, Facilitators, Instructors, Leaders, Managers – Anyone who is called to facilitate learning, meetings, processes, communication, groups, and change.
Barish Golland (@BarishGolland) has been facilitating with Liberating Structures since 2015 and is co-chair of the Vancouver Liberating Structures User Group (VLSUG) along with Leva Lee (@levalee). The VLSUG exists to enhance our collective capacity to build confidence and fluency with LS and to mentor each other, in a trusting, playful, collaborative environment. Catarina Moreno and Juliet Irwin are Board Members of BCODN.
If you have any questions about the event or venue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.