- This event has passed.
OD Dynamicism Along the Inclusion Journey
January 30, 2020 @ 5:45 PM - 8:00 PM$24 – $30
We invite you for a highly informative and interactive workshop to explore the critical contribution that Organizational Development makes to a corporate efforts towards Inclusive Excellence.
The journey towards a more inclusive workplace culture is both complex and dynamic, requiring different support at different stages: from building awareness to giving people the tools to address systemic barriers and discrimination.
For OD professionals, this means effectively developing Inclusion Acumen in others, and ensuring people are provided the supports that are most appropriate and effective for where they’re at.
Join us for an engaging conversation with one of the BC’s leading EDI strategists to explore how OD can be most impactful in supporting an organization’s aspirations to maximizing human capital and ensuring all kinds of uniqueness thrive in our workplaces.
Please share this invitation with those who inspire you.
- Establish a common language and literacy around Equity, Inclusion and Diversity (EDI) in our workplaces
- Tap into the collective expertise to determine the most strategic approaches to fostering OD along the EDI journey
- Determine how the EDI conversation shifts over time, and what OD resources are needed at different stages in the journey
- Explore what skills are needed to sustain OD towards institutionalizing Inclusive Excellence
- Foster connection
- Strengthen community
- Have quality conversations
- New relationships and connections across diverse stakeholders
- Foster a sense of community
- Connect learning to your own practice
- New insights, inspiration for your practice and new information
- Great conversations
- Experience and learn a new facilitation technique
- Internal/external consultants
- Leaders and managers
- All who are called to facilitate learning, meetings, processes, communication, groups, and change
Some light refreshments will be served.
About Alden Habacon
Alden E. Habacon is one of Canada’s leading diversity and inclusion strategists and facilitators. He is well known in this field and highly regarded for his fifteen years of impact, and his innovative work around inclusive leadership, unconscious bias and intercultural training.
You can learn more about Alden Habacon at http://www.aldenhabacon.com/about
Transportation and parking
The Hive Co-working is a 7 min walk distance from Waterfront and easily reached by buses 14 and 16.
There are a number of paid parking lots nearby.