Log in to your membership account to receive member discounts of 20% on all event tickets
Not a member? Purchase one today from our shop
- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT! Liberating Structures: Engaging & Unleashing Everyone
November 19, 2018 @ 18:00 - 20:00$20 – $30
SOLD OUT! Thanks for your support!
Date: Monday, November 19
Conventional structures such as presentations, status reports and managed discussions tend to be over-controlling and stifle inclusion and engagement. Liberating Structures are a series of group processes designed to engage and include everyone in productively moving forward in a variety of contexts. In this workshop, you will get an introduction to what Liberating Structures are and experience a variety of these facilitation techniques specifically in the OD context.
- Impromptu networking (rapidly share challenges and expectations, building new connections)
- Troika Consulting (get practical and imaginative help from colleagues immediately)
- Wise Crowds (tap the wisdom of the whole group in rapid cycles)
Be prepared for some surprising results and serious fun!
Light catering and drinks will be provided.
- Learn and experience a few of the most popular Liberating Structures
- For emerging practitioners: gain the ability to introduce Liberating Structures as a way of engaging your clients, colleagues, employees and team members in productive, purposeful, inclusive ways
- For experienced Liberating Structures facilitators: explore ways to enhance your skills by continuing to practice and hone your skills through coaching others
- Learn about the activities of the Vancouver Liberating Structures User Group
Who Should Attend:
Internal/External Consultants, Facilitators, Instructors, Leaders and Managers – all who are called to facilitate learning, meetings, processes, communication, groups, and change.
Early Bird for Non-Members until Nov 4: $25
Barish Golland has been facilitating with Liberating Structures since 2015 and is co-chair of the Vancouver Liberating Structures User Group (VLSUG) along with Leva Lee. VLSUG exists to enhance our collective capacity to build confidence and fluency with LS.
The Vancouver Liberating Structures User Group exists to enhance our collective capacity to build confidence and fluency with Liberating Structures, and mentor each other, in a trusting, playful, collaborative environment.
BCIT Downtown Campus, Room 282/284
555 Seymour Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 3H6
BCIT Downtown Campus
The BCIT Downtown Campus is in the heart of Vancouver, near the Granville Skytrain Station.
Closest SkyTrain station is Granville Station: https://www.translink.ca/
To learn more about Liberating Structures, click here.