- This event has passed.
Cultivating excellence: Personal development, awareness, and power
January 18, 2019 @ 9:00 AM - January 20, 2019 @ 4:30 PM
WITH DR. STEPHEN SCHUITEVOERDER
January 18-20, 2019
9:00 to 16:30 each day
Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue
580 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Process Work consultant and facilitator Dr. Stephen Schuitevoerder will be presenting a seminar in Vancouver, B.C. on January 18-20: Cultivating excellence: Personal development, awareness, and power. We’re very pleased to announce that the location for this seminar will be The Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue in downtown Vancouver.
Simon Fraser University’s Leadership and Community Building Programs and the BC Organizational Development Network are partnering to promote this event, and seats are filling quickly. If you or others in your network are considering joining us, please be sure to register before December 14 to receive the early registration rate. There is a 10% discount for BCODN members. The deadline for early registration is December 14.
As coaches, facilitators, and leaders, the most powerful tool we have at our disposal is the personal development and awareness we bring to our interactions with colleagues and clients. This skill is essential in helping us recognize what is occurring in personal and group interactions, and how we can profoundly and skillfully effect change.
In this hands-on, experiential workshop, participants will:
- Focus on in-depth personal exploration and development
- Engage in individual and relationship exercises
- Participate in group process
- Present and learn from real life experiences
- Come away with a practical toolkit that can be applied immediately
Furthering our personal development allows us to recognize and work at the edges or limits of our capacity, provides tools for us in challenging moments, and helps us work more fluidly with “hot” moments. By doing personal development work, we develop greater awareness, clarity, and insight, and become more effective in our relationships with clients, colleagues, and friends.
“Stephen is a master practitioner with deep experience working in some of the hottest conflict zones in the world. If you have an opportunity to learn with him, do it!”
– Cathy Bernatt, professional facilitator; organizational consultant; executive, leadership, and systems coach
As a participant, you will:
- Develop your personal presence*
- Increase your awareness of power
- Learn and apply core concepts in Process Work such as edges, secondary processes and unfolding
- Enhance deep listening skills*
- Build understanding of non-verbal signals, and how recognizing them can deepen communication
- Learn how to handle conflict, accusations, rank issues, escalation, and personal criticism
This is a hands-on experiential workshopwith theoretical presentations, followed by demonstrations and structured exercises. Participants will be immersed in Process skills and their application, and will be provided with practical tools that can be applied in a wide range of personal and organizational settings.
* Core competency, International Coaching Federation
ICF ACCREDITATION RENEWAL AND CHRP PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Those who complete the seminar with receive a certificate of completion and supporting documentation that can be used to claim Continuing Coaching Education (CCE) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Organizational development practitioners
- Change agents
- Organizational leaders
- Human resource professionals
Individuals / self-employed by December 14: $950 per person
Individuals / self-employed after December 14: $1,250 per person
All fees are in Canadian dollars.
Registration includes lunch on Sunday, with vegan and gluten-free options. No other meals are provided, but restaurants, coffee shops, and a food court are within easy access of the venue.
Register by clicking here.
For more information about Stephen’s work, please visit www.processconsulting.org.