- This event has passed.
Celebrating Organization Development (OD) – A World Café Event
November 5, 2019 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMFree
Who should attend? You!
Calling our OD community of scholars, practitioners, clients, students and fellow travellers!
Join us November 5th at the Creekside Community Recreation Centre for #CelebrateOD, a World Café conversation to explore the question, “What are you celebrating about OD now and into the future?” The conversation will be emergent: What might we discover, dream and design together?
If you haven’t yet experienced the World Café format, this is your chance.
We will be sharing the conversation back with the community, and we imagine this conversation having a ripple effect after the event. Please share this invitation with those who inspire you.
When and where?
Location: Creekside Community Recreation Centre (Multipurpose Room #1) at 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver V5Y 0B1
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Registration and Welcome: 5:45 – 6:00
Metered street parking in the area surrounding and a parking lot at the Community Centre. Evening rate from 6pm onwards is $6. The closest Skytrain station is Main Street – Science World Station on the Expo Line.
Why join the event?
- Access the collective intelligence from the community using a popular large group meeting method – World Café
- Experience and practice inquiry, conversation and listening for insights that emerge
- Appreciative approach to the concept of discovery around OD network
- Widen the circle of involvement
- Foster connection
- Strengthen community
- Have quality conversations
- Experience World Café as a way of engaging stakeholders in a productive, purposeful, inclusive way
- Explore ways to enhance and hone your skills in facilitating large group interventions
- Decide how the community wants to connect with each other and move forward. Learn about what matters to the community.
We hope you’ll leave this event with:
- New relationships and connections across diverse stakeholders
- A sense of community
- A chance to connect learning to your practice
- New insights, inspiration and new information
- Great conversations
- Experience and learning from a new facilitation technique.#CCecc
Charles Lee, Co-President of BCODN, will host the Café. Read more about Charles here.