About the BCO
Building Community Organization (BCO) is a mentorship program of the BCODN focused on the growth of BC-based non-profit organizations through the mentorship of emerging practitioners of Organizational Development by seasoned practitioners. Under this program, emerging OD practitioners volunteer to work on organizational issues with non-profit organizations. Their work is shadowed and led by an experienced senior consultant (with experience in scoping, contracting, utilizing OD methodologies and frameworks to increase systemic change and development, organization design, and increasing organizational effectiveness) who provides them with coaching and mentoring as they work collaboratively with the not-for-profit client on three to four-month long projects.
How to get involved with the BCO
Please visit our “Get involved” page for more information about being a mentor, mentee or a participating non-profit organization.
Reasons to Participate:
- Enhance your OD practice by applying OD principles, tools, strategies and techniques to real work experiences
- Gain OD experience that will enhance your resume
- Develop team-building skills and experience in developing a team charter
- Benefit from quality mentoring from an experienced OD practitioner for the duration of the project
- Learn an OD consulting methodology, supported by resources and materials
- Expand your network of colleagues
- BCO provides a test environment for trying out new skills and exploring OD interventions
- Confirm that OD is the profession you want to pursue
- Contribute to the not for profit sector
- Mentors (senior OD practitioners) support the development of the next generation of OD practitioners and give back to not-for-profit organizations.
- BCO brochure
- BCO Volunteer Consultants Information and Application
- BCO Information for Project Mentors
- BCO Mentor Application
- BCO Non Profit Organization Application
A Note to Potential BCO Volunteer Consultants/Mentees:
Please note the application forms and process above. There are a limited number of projects that can be supported through the BCO each year.
There is a cost of $100.00 for mentees to participate in a BCO Project. This contributes to the cost of the program and provides you with the following value:
• Enhanced OD skills by applying OD principles, tools, strategies and techniques to real work experiences
• OD experience that will enhance your resume
• Team-building skills and experience in developing a team charter
• Quality mentoring from an experienced OD practitioner for the duration of the project
• Opportunity to learn and apply an OD consulting methodology supported by resources and materials
• An expanded network of colleagues
• A test environment for trying out new skills and exploring OD interventions.
For more information, please contact our BCO Liaison at email@example.com