Building Community Organization (BCO) is a mentorship program of the BCODN focused on the growth of BC-based non-profit organizations through the mentorship of emerging practitioners of Organizational Development by seasoned practitioners.
Under this program, emerging OD practitioners volunteer to work on organizational issues with non-profit organizations. Their work is shadowed and led by a senior consultant (10 – 15 years’ experience in OD) who provides them with coaching and mentoring as they work collaboratively with the not-for-profit client on 3- 4-month long projects.
Reasons to Participate
- Enhance your OD practice by applying OD principles, tools, strategies and techniques to real work experiences
- Gain OD experience that will enhance your resume
- Develop team-building skills and experience in developing a team charter
- Benefit from Quality mentoring from an experienced OD practitioner for the duration of the project
- Learn an OD consulting methodology, supported by resources and materials
- Expand your network of colleagues
- BCO provides a Test environment for trying out new skills and exploring OD interventions
- Confirm that OD is the profession you want to pursue
- Contribute to the not for profit sector
- Mentors (senior OD practitioners) support the development of the next generation of OD practitioners and give back to Not for Profit organizations
- BCO brochure
- BCO Volunteer Consultants Information and Application
- BCO Information for Project Mentors
- BCO Mentor Application
- BCO Non Profit Organization Application
Visit our “About the BCO” page.
Please note, we currently have a wait list. Thank you for your interest.
BCO volunteer consultant fee: $100.00
There is a cost of $100.00 to participate in a BCO Project. This contributes to the cost of the program and provides you with the following value:
• Enhanced OD skills by applying OD principles, tools, strategies and techniques to real work experiences
• OD experience that will enhance your resume
• Team-building skills and experience in developing a team charter
• Quality mentoring from an experienced OD practitioner for the duration of the project
• Opportunity to learn and apply an OD consulting methodology supported by resources and materials
• An expanded network of colleagues
• A test environment for trying out new skills and exploring OD interventions
For more information, please contact our BCO liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org