Seeing Systems Through The Organization
with Phil Cady & Tracy Rodgers
October 21, 2017 | 1pm-5pm
The “Seeing Systems through the Organization Workshop” session is a dynamic, yawn-free leadership and organization development session for all members of organizations. This workshop focuses on the worlds of Tops, Middles, Bottoms, and Customers (consumers/clients) during turbulent times. It gets to the heart of partnership in organization life - what makes partnership so critical, what gets in the way of it developing, and what the role of leaders is in making it happen.
The centerpiece of this experiential workshop is an organization exercise in which participants are dropped into roles as top executives, middle managers, workers and customers/clients interacting in a chaotic, fast-paced environment. This visceral approach enables the learning to get beyond the head level to where it really hits home and sticks.
Key Learning Points:
- Understand intellectually and experience viscerally the differing "worlds" of Tops, Middles, Bottoms, and Customers, and develop concrete strategies for working more constructively across organizational lines;
- Recognize the multiplicity of roles they play, as sometimes Top, Middle, Bottom and Customer/Client. They will recognize and avoid the disempowering pitfalls of each position, and approach each role with more effective behavior;
- Learn how to build partnership in lateral relationships with their peers and create exciting new synergies; and
- Provide leadership that addresses issues systemically rather than personally.
Phil Cady CD, BSW (University of Calgary), MALT (RRU), DSocSci (Cand) (RRU)
Phil Cady is President of Cognitive Leadership Strategies West (CLSWEST) and a founding partner of the LEADS Learning scholar-practitioner network. He is an Associate Faculty member in the MA in Leadership, MBA and executive programs at Royal Roads University (RRU), and the Conference Board of Canada’s Director’s College. Phil serves on several organizational boards and frequently volunteers his services to non-profit and social-mission-driven organizations. He is an active doctoral student at RRU researching in the area of complexity science and social systems leadership. Phil is proud to be a Master Trainer for Power+Systems Inc, specializing in Oshry’s “Organization Workshop”.
Tracy Rodgers BSc, MD (Memorial University of Newfoundland) FRCSC (Dalhousie University, MALT (cand) (Royal Roads University)
Tracy Rodgers is an Obstetrician-Gynecologist currently practicing in the Comox Valley. In addition to her clinical practice, Tracy has developed keen insight into patterns of relationship in inter-professional collaborative practices at the community and organizational levels. Presently, Tracy also leads presentations and workshops in Women’s Health and volunteers her time teaching at the North Island College School of Nursing. She is currently an active student in the Masters in Leadership – Health Specialization at RRU. The Organization Workshop has been a transformative experience for Tracy and she is now a certified facilitator looking forward to learning in relation with others.
- $45 for students (please email email@example.com to confirm your attendance and pay cash at the door)
- $55 for members
- $65 for non-members
This workshop is a pre-requisite for those interested in the Power+Systems certification. There will be a certification held in Vancouver from January 15 to 18, 2018. For further information please contact Deb Garcia at Power+Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register now! Space is limited.